Miss Universe 2017 coronation today! Good Luck Maxine Medina!

DSC_0208

If you noticed that I don't have any news here in my blog about the Miss Universe pageant, its my fault for not paying attention too much, I got busy and I didn't got a time to read the news, also I dont have any access to any of the Miss U events that happened here since last month. I got one invite from last year, but I failed to go because I focus on my travel blog projects.

But that's okay, the most important part is that we have Maxine Medina, our reigning Miss Universe Philippines 2016, I heard that she showed some improvements and performed well in the preliminaries of the pageant that some people changed their mind and want her to win... grabe its weird that we dont have harmony, even for the Miss U pageant.

I didn't got a chance to watch the prelims on TV or online, but according to some comments, that she made a wow-moment representing our country with lots of confidence.

DSC_0926

Flash back to 2016, I remember when we covered the gown competition of Bb Pilipinas 2016, Maxine was hard to notice among the 40 participants, because we hear names and we saw some more names printed on banner raised by fans and the cheer of the crowd influenced us to get our faves.

She didn't won anything that night, but at the main coronation she took the Miss Philippine Airlines and also won the Miss Universe Philippines crown.

DSC_0543

Then the next day, at the bikini competition, We didn't even noticed her again..


DSC_0547

I just snapped some photos at the event and trying to feel my heart if there's someone is my fave to win the pageant. During the main coronation night, I have two names on my list, but Maxine Medina is not included.

DSC_0203

I failed to cover the Bb Pilipinas Coronation Night 2016, I was unprepared and I didn't got some energy to cover it, I let my blogger friends Ted and Enzo fire up their camera and capture the scenes there, we exchange messages on FB to know the status of the pageant, I think this is the pageant that I glued myself on TV! Two names on my list were out...and then Maxine's name was called and all of us were surprised..

She was the least expected to win the Miss Universe Philippines 2016, my brain started to process slowly...why didn't I saw her

DSC_0254 2

A day after the coronation night, I met her and talked to her, about her advocacy and also her plans. She got 8 months to prepare for the big event, she worked really hard in training how she can present well as a representative for the Philippines at Miss U, training for the pageant is one tough duty, and Maxine is a newbie, 1st time to join Bb Pilipinas and now she jumped to Miss Universe, the fastest ever to make it there with no sweat!

But everything about her is heating up through out the last quarter of 2016 because of her English grammar, she admitted about that problem but she said that she's working really hard to learn to speak properly, at least she knows and that's a challenge for her to show that she can do it and win the Miss Universe 2017 crown.

IMG20160701124929

Today is the coronation day of the Miss Universe 2017, best of luck to our Philippines representative, Miss Universe Philippines Maxine Medina. I know you have some more magic left in you, I know you can do it! Win the crown pls!

good luck!


More photos of Maxine Medina

DSC_0916

DSC_0919

DSC_0921

DSC_0922

DSC_0923

DSC_0929

DSC_0931

DSC_0098

DSC_0544

DSC_0620

DSC_0198

DSC_0202